BOOK REVIEWS: Review of Her Pretentious Marquess by Marie Higgins

 Her Pretentious Marquess by Marie Higgins 


he story about two main characters, Nic and Tabitha. When they met, Tabitha was a servant and Nic was the Marquess. Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding that made Tabitha hate Nic with a passion. Later they met in a different town, stirring the past affection they had for each other, but Tabitha was determined not to allow that. So much was happening all around them with Nic impersonating his cousin, the clergyman, to catch a thief. Although there's love between them, there are so many secrets and decisions to be made if they decide to pursue this love. Find out more in this book, Her Pretentious Marquess by Marie Higgins.

In addition to a love story, the author has incorporated mystery and suspense, as there's the aspect of murder and theft. The dialogues felt true and with no profanity involved. I like the characters, as they've been well developed. I especially like Nic and the clergyman; the family bond between them is incredible. 

Although I liked the mystery and suspense, being a romance fan, I didn't like the murder aspect, but some readers might like it.

I rate this book, Her Pretentious Marquess by Marie Higgins, 4 out of 5 stars.

I recommend it to readers who like historical fiction books that narrate a love story with a touch of mystery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: Review of No Strings Attached by Christy McKellen,

BOOK REVIEW: Review of You Can't Hurry Second Chances by Michelle Stimpson

BOOK REVIEWS: Review of A Lady's Guide to London by Faye Delacour,

BOOK REVIEW: Review of A Rookie Mistake by Laura Carter.

BOOK REVIEW: Review of A Scandal Changes Everything by Josie Johns

BOOK REVIEW: Review of Tempted Hearts by Cissy Mecca

BOOK REVIEW: Review of Take 2 by Natalie Acosta

Review of Courage to Love Again by Kimberly Brown

Review of The Plot Twist by Victoria Walters

BOOK REVIEW: Review of A promising kiss by Alexa Aston